Wednesday, May 13, 2015

There's a cowboy coming soon!

Hello All!

Before I write about the cowboy, let me introduce myself.  I'm just starting on this blogging journey and so excited to do so.  I love sewing, crafting, and cooking/baking, and creating learning activities for my toddler as I am a graduate in Elementary Education.  When I am not taking care of my two insanely cute boys and my kid at heart husband, those are the things you will probably find me doing.

Now, on to this cowboy coming soon.  My sweet sister-in-law is pregnant with her first little boy due now at anytime.  His daddy is a cowboy at heart and wants his little one to be also.  I couldn't be more excited to be an aunt again.  So, in honor of this little cowboy joining the family I threw her a much needed and much fitting cowboy/western themed shower.

This was tons of fun to plan and set up for, but the unfortunate part was only about four people were able to attend because of other obligations or the weather.  However, those that showed up were awesome and we had a blast.

While trying to figure out the set up and food for the shower, this is what we came up with. (Oh, man, my camera didn't do such a hot job)  This was super fun to set up! You can't quite see all of it and I'm afraid that a cute little two year old got his hands on the camera and deleted some of my pictures.  But, for the tablecloth I used denim material with a red table runner and the cute cow print banner (it was supposed to have the cowboys name on it, but I was running late and somethings you just have to let go of.) I had the food served in things such as fruit and veggies were served in pie tins with their dips being served in plastic cowboy hats on the side, the chips and rolls were served in cowboy hats, and the silverware were in mason jars.  My favorite part however, which is not pictured were the doughnuts my awesome mom made for the dessert.  We also had delicious kabobs with steak and chicken that were smoked! (Delicious!)



 I also created a candy bar of sorts for the guests to be able to take something home to thank them for coming.  This was really fun to put together and my mom and I put our heads together to find some candies that were just a little bit "older."  We found chic-o-sticks, black and red licorice, kits taffy (my favorite), trail mix, bridge mix, Neccos, and jawbreakers.  We had the guests pick what they wanted and put them in a small brown paper sack.  The guests that did show up loved it!
P.S.  Aren't those jars cute!  Totally ones that were found in a mercantile store way back when right?  (At least that is what they show on Little House on the Prairie)  They were a great dollar store find!



The shower is done and now Mr. Little Cowboy can come at anytime!  I hope you enjoyed my ideas!  Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. It turned out awesome! I love this theme and the penny candy is such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete