Thursday, May 21, 2015

H is for Hummus!

 

I have to admit, the first time I tried hummus was only about two years ago.  I was eating lunch at work and a friend of mine pulled out some chips and some sort of dip that quite honestly at the time looked disgusting!  She asked if I wanted to try it and in trying to be a bigger adult with food and the textural issues I have with it, I thought I need to give it a whirl.  Oh boy, am I glad I did!  It was delicious!

So, after that brave new adventure, I thought to myself "I must play around with ingredients and make this delicious concoction."  I am a fan, but unfortunately the hubs doesn't like it so much.  So, I can't make it often or I eat the whole thing. 

I love eating this hummus with tortilla chips the best but crackers or pita bread is also delicious! 

I promise this tastes as good as it looks!

 

 Hummus Recipe:

1 can garbanzo beans

l juiced lemon

1/4 cup onion

2 cloves garlic

2 teaspoons cummin

1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1/4-1/3 cup Tahini

1 Tablespoon olive oil

Add all ingredients to a food processor except the garbanzo beans and blend together. (Make sure it is blended well.) Add the garbanzo beans last and blend again until beans are incorporated into the other ingredients.

Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. I love hummus but I've never tried to make it! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete