Sunday, June 7, 2015

Best Banana Bread

I'm finally up and running again and I couldn't be more excited.   There are lots of things on the list to share with you and today it's Banana Bread.

Friends, this is the best banana bread I have ever had.  I say that because I hate banana bread.  Really, I hate anything banana.  But this recipe is fabulous!  It tastes more like a cake instead of a bread which makes it that much better.  It also doesn't have the super overwhelming banana flavor that I hate.

It's super moist and the best way to eat it is straight out of the oven.  I can't keep this bread around our house between my two year old and the hubs.  I have to take a slice or two when I can for me to even get any. 

You should definitely give it a whirl!  I promise you won't be disappointed.



Doesn't this look like it will hit the spot?

Banana Bread Recipe:

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 smashed bananas (sometimes I only use 2)

Cream sugar and butter together.  Add buttermilk and eggs mix again.  Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Mix together and add the smashed bananas. 

Grease and flour two loaf pans and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.  I check mine after about 35.  Insert a toothpick to make sure it's done all the way through. 

Enjoy the banana goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment